Wednesday 11 September 2013

Strom Thurmond

Us Brits love to complain about the weather. It’s either too hot or too cold, too windy or too much rain. So while you’re all sitting at home moaning about how cold it is and how those horrible onesies are already making a sneaky appearance, I thought I’d just rub in the fact that it’s still over 30 degrees here! I’ve replaced radiators for air-con and my uggs for flip-flops, and I’m loving the constant source of sunshine and vitamin D!

With the sun constantly glowing, it makes it very hard for me to sit in my little room and concentrate on the ever growing pile of books I have to study. So I’ll be the first to admit that the outside pool at the Strom gym is becoming a little bit like a second home. Casually soaking up the rays between classes almost makes me feel like I’m on holiday. The pool is big enough for me to get in and quickly burn some calories by swimming 100 lengths, before getting in my bikini and lying in the sun. I’m attempting to keep my holiday tan from Croatia, so reading and ‘studying’ at the pool seems like the best place to be. And I’m not the only one who also agrees that a couple of hours chilling on poolside is a much better way to spend the time between classes than in the library! Cliques of young sorority girls repping their Victoria Secret bikinis and groups of guys showing off their abdomens seem to have the same opinion that the pool is the place to be on campus. Although a lot of them also think that beach volleyball tournaments in this heat is a good idea, so I guess that is where I differ. 


No comments:

Post a Comment