Wednesday 28 August 2013

Only in the USA

So although it’s 10pm and I have an article on ‘Who’s afraid of Post-blackness?’ to read and a paper to write on how the idea of "post-blackness" intersects or diverges with the concept of postmodernism, all by my 10am lesson tomorrow, I couldn’t help but share this with you all….

Tonight I was in the gym with one of my British friends (Claire) and after I’d gone into the changing rooms (or locker rooms so they’re called here) the following happened….

Claire was in the gym and some guy comes over and goes 's'cuse me ma'am can I ask you a question?'

So she was like ‘yeah of course’, and he goes 'who was that girl you were with downstairs in the jean shorts, the blonde girl?'

So she described my outfit and what I was wearing and he was like ‘yeah that’s her’

So she said ‘that's Alice, why?’

And he goes 'maaaaan she's beautiful'


WHY DOES THIS NOT HAPPEN IN ENGLAND?

No comments:

Post a Comment