Tuesday 20 August 2013

Food Glorious Food

Before I left the UK I was given some advice from one of my Professors: ‘Come ready for intense heat, humidity, and excellent fried food! :)’
I think it is pretty safe to say that since arriving in South Carolina the only fruit or vegetables I have eaten have been the tomatoes that were in my deep fried burger! This is a problem. I may return to England double the size I left! Burgers, pizza, coke and cookies have been the starter, main and pudding to my day to day eating schedule. But with a cookie and ice cream parlour in the middle of the Student Union it is extremely hard to say no, especially with my sweet tooth! Yesterday I tried a ‘chocolate double doozie’ cookie which is basically two large chocolate chip cookies stuck together with a mountain of cream! Pretty yum!

So with all this eating today I decided it would be a good idea to check out one of the two state of the art fitness centres we have on campus. The Strom Thurmond Wellness and Fitness Centre literally blows Kent’s Sport Centre out of the water! Not only is it free for students. Yes FREE! It boasts squash courts, basketball courts, volleyball courts, a climbing wall which is huge (over 50ft!), an indoor track, a gym with every machine you could ever dream of and both an indoor and outdoor swimming pool! I guess I have no excuse about eating badly with this literally ten minutes away from my front door….




No comments:

Post a Comment