Friday 28 February 2014

Dance Marathon Sign Up

Yesterday I found myself a little mind boggled when I had to sign in for the challenge that is ahead of me this weekend, aka the 24 hour dance marathon (which it isn’t too late to still sponsor me for guys!) What threw me at the sign in desk was that fact that I had to give an emergency contact name and number. Naturally, I thought of my mum. But on second thought, I was a little baffled as to why exactly they need my street address from back home in ‘Old Blighty’. I mean, I guess I can understand giving a phone number, although it would be expensive to call, if some sort of disaster happened, I’d want someone to call home. And I can even comprehend an email address considering today’s obsession over the internet and social media. But address? Really? Honestly, what exactly do they need my address for? If I pass out from exhaustion over the weekend from dancing are they actually going to write a letter to my mum and send it in the post to let her know? I think not.

On a side note, if you wish to sponsor me as I stay up for 24 hours bootie shaking like Beyonce, pirouetting like Darcey Bussell and finger snapping like Fosse. All the money raised goes towards a local children’s hospital, and the exchange rate is pretty good at the moment ($10 = £5.99). The link to my page is below, wish me luck! 

http://www.helpmakemiracles.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=263183

No comments:

Post a Comment