Friday 24 January 2014

Alive and Kicking

Readers, sincere apologises for the lack of blogging this month! The last couple of weeks have passed in a whirlwind so I thought I would write a short post to assure you all that I am indeed alive and well – Hi Mum!
 
Christmas break has been and gone in a flash, and after two extraordinarily busy weeks playing role reversal and acting as Lindsay’s personal ‘tour guide’ in London I am back in the US of A, casually sipping a cup of tea and munching on the last of my galaxy chocolate. But, as I sit here wearing a pair of Norts and my bright Nike trainers, I can’t help but think; ‘Oh no, I’ve conformed!’ But rest assured, I am actually going to the gym today, I haven’t quite reached the stage of lounging around in my sports gear just because!

Fitting back into American college life has been surprisingly easy, I haven’t felt as homesick as I thought I would and catching up with American friends over coffee has made South Carolina feel like my ‘home away from home’. It’s going to be undeniably hard to say goodbye to some of the friends I’ve made over here when the school term finishes.

School-wise it’s taken no time at all to get back into the swing of things, apart from feeling like ‘the new girl’ all over again and receiving the same shocked looks when I introduce myself, my classes all seem incredibly interesting so I can’t wait to get stuck in. Auditions, gym classes, going out and even a cheeky trip to Myrtle Beach have consumed the majority of my time over the last two weeks, this Semester is looking to be even better than the last!

For those of you who have already forgotten what I look like; here’s a picture to confirm my existence…. and bad eating habits. (Yes, I’m guilty; I have already been back to Pawley’s since the beginning of term!)


No comments:

Post a Comment